Wednesday 7 August 2013

Top Kid's Book Storage Ideas


Books are fun... Books are great... Let's sit down with a book today
Books are fun... Books are great... Is it book time yet? Oh! I just can't wait... To read a Book!
- Zoe's Favorite Barney Song
 
Books ... who doesn't want their children to read some more books. My 2.5 year old already has 100+ books and a library membership... and believe me this is not unusual these days. I'm always on a look out for good creative ideas for storing Z's books. Here are my favorites:



Love the color and the minimalistic yet creative design of this Good Read Book Caddy by Land of Nod 





29 Rue House tells us you can paint couple of crates and transform this into an interesting book shelf.


The Creativity Exchange shows an old metal garden stand makes a beautiful book shelf... just paint it in your child's favorite colour.


I love the idea by Kids-o-mania. Z loves books and I always keep a couple in the car. I guess I will get this travel book storage made for her.




The Brooding Hen shows a book shelf which any kid will fall in love with. Which kid wouldn't love a house shaped book shelf, and see the number of books it can accommodate. I think I will get one like this for Z.



DIY Home Sweet Home has the best book shelf by far per me. And what is even better is you can make this at home. I can't find a better quote on reading than Dr. Seuss' " The more that you read the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you'll go." Go to the link and you will land on the tutorial to make this beautiful Seuss book rack at home.



29 Rue House brings a Simple book storage where you can organize kids alphabetically.





Land of Nod's books on wheels is yet another simple but cute way to store your books. It's extremely compact, yet it will hold quiet a lot of books.



I love the idea by Dash Is Little, a beautiful DIY book Hammock. You can keep couple of your kids favorites close to his/her bed.Choose a pattern your child loves and they will thank you for a cool book hammock.




If you can get a train wall mural you can get a lovely book storage like this one by Houzz.


We always mention Apartment Therapy when it comes to home decor. Here they present another simple way to organize books alphabetically.



Craftionary has another books on wheels for its readers... but this one is totally different from the 1st one. Love the retro look and feel. It is also an awesome way to re-use old wooden crates.


Creative Carissa tells us how to overt a cardboard carton into book storage.



Fancy Frugal Life has an idea to convert these easily available colorful plastic racks into book storage.


Don't these zig-zag book shelves by Home to Life look great, and you can get these made by your local carpenter.

 


10 comments:

  1. 100+ books!!! Lucky girl :-) But how you store them?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Reema. I have 2 boxes which I Keep her books in

      One is this which I got customized for her: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.511323602253222.127861.473393936046189&type=3

      And another I bought from Hoopos (Now BabyOye) http://www.babyoye.com/catalog/product/view/id/80043/

      Delete
  2. I wish I could get all of these! I always loved Apartment Therapy but thanks for showing me more. Fantastic article, very informative and I love the visuals. Wish I can get down to doing this practically once I am back to work and little N is off to school.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a double whammy to deal with. My own pile of books have occupied so much space already that I now have to deal with V's overgrowing stack of books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So we are 3 equally voracious readers... guess we will soon have to get a room converted into a library ;-)

      Delete
  4. Nice shelf. I love the way by which all these little home decors can be designed.

    ReplyDelete