Wednesday 17 April 2013

5 Fitness Blog Moms I follow for INSPIRATION




Reaching your pre-baby weight is not really easy, but it is definitely attainable. You need to have a strong will; determination and you need to take out time regularly to work-out. I learned the hard way and thanks to Postpartum depression, it became all the more hard. Now when I meet a new mom, I tell them they should start working out. We need to start easy, and take a go ahead from your gynecologist before starting a schedule.


Now I know I have a long way to go, I work out regularly at home for 45 minutes every day (this does not include running after a toddler). I have realized, when you become a parent, you should take care of your health all the more… because you need to take care of your child’s health as well… you need to set the right example for your child. Children learn by example and are always watching you. That is the reason why, I involve Zoe in all my workout sessions and believe me the calories burnt and level of fun doubles. 

I have realised the most important thing you need when it comes to your health is INSPIRATION… I take my daily dose of inspiration and tips from fellow moms, who are also fitness bloggers. And here I present to you my top 5 fitness mommy bloggers and why I like them so much.  

  • Mother  & Fitness was created to inspire, motivate and educate women (especially moms) on health & fitness, I love their tagline - Be Inspired. Stay Motivated. Deelle is a wife, mom, CanFit Pro (Canadian Fitness Professionals) and a certified personal trainer. She has more than 16 years of experience in the gyming and being active. What Momsters love about the blog are the Real Mom Stories who are picked up as 'mom of the week'. 
  • A Little Bit Sassy is Jennifer’s blog; it talks about “ups and downs of her weight loss journey, recipes, organization tips, and of course her family of 5”. What I love about her blog is the Transformation Pictures…. Which happened in less than a year… It never fails to motivate me. I also love her Fitness Journal 
  • Fit Pregnancy and Parenting claims a ‘Fit mom is a Happy Mom’, I completely believe in this. It was started by Amanda Tress, personal trainer and fit mom. Well, what I just love about this space is undoubtedly their Exercise Videos, with Amanda’s cute little tot. 
  • No thanks to Cakes is Kelly’s blog about healthy yummy recipes, weight loss tips, travel stories. The best part here again is the progress besides that I love the recipes on her blog.
  • No matter how much inspiring these blogs are, the one I love for its simplicity and determination is Sugar Sweet, Smile Please… it is a weight loss journey about a mom - Sugar, wife to a Scientist-husband, based in Bangalore. I love the her workout schedule, I take so many tips from there.
So how do you work out or stay healthy? Do you find it difficult to keep up with your diet/workout? Do check out these blogs for inspiration.

6 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for following my blog Mother & Fitness! I really appreciate you taking the time to read it and also for mentioning my blog on your site :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for dropping by Deelle. We love Mother & Fitness

      Delete
  2. A great post without any doubt. The information shared is of top quality which has to get appreciated at all levels. Well done keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Appreciate your kind words, Joel. Comments like your's is what keeps us going :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a nice post ... i would also go ahead and check out these blogs. On the flip side, isnt there any desi blog for the same?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shilpa, unfortunately not many desi mums blog specifically about Fitness. I have mentioned 1 Sugar Sweet, Smile Please please check :)

      Delete