Thursday 9 January 2014

Playdough Letter Press Activity

I have been doing this activity with Zoe for the past couple of months and she shrieks when ever she sees mom with playdough and alphabet cutouts. I took inspiration for this activity from Playdough to Plato



You would need Play-dough, alphabets (magnetic, wooden, plastic any kind of alphabets cutouts), I also use a tray but this is optional. 



Zoe loves playing with her phonics and numbers, she loves play-dough as well so this was a sure-shot hit for her. For Zoe I just use random alphabets and numbers because she is still too young to understand sight words. I add lots of playdough on the tray, I use a lighter colour (as you can see in the picture) so that the letter traced is easily visible. The moment Zoe prints a letter she goes "Momma, look what Zoe made". She can easily stay busy with Letter Press Activity for a few minutes at a go... which is huge for a preschooler.





For older kids, one can use this activity to make them understand sight words.



2 comments:

  1. This is wonderful activity for kids. Medha also loves this alot. We have been doing this from past 4-5 months. She is never bored of it. But haven't posted about this in our blog as I couldn't take pictures till now. We also sometimes tried tracing the cutouts with beads & some small rings. And we also tried other way too. Trace the letter using playdough. Sure hit activity for most of the kids I guess.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure Leela, Medha would love this activity, have tried with Z and a modified version for my sessions. It is always a hit.

      Delete