Friday 12 April 2013

Indoor Summer Fun - Top Picks



Summer Vacations have started in many parts of the country, and in the other parts it’s just less than a month away. We as parents try to keep summer holidays fun and action packed, we dread our kids uttering those words “Mommy, I’m bored”. Trips, summer camps and activities unfortunately do not last for 2 long months. Stepping out of the comforts of your house is not always possible, playing in the park or garden is restricted to early morning or couple of hours in the evening. Obviously you don’t want the kid sitting in front of the idiot box or the laptop, day in and day out. Zoe hasn’t started school yet (she starts in June 2013) but I have already started my research on what kind of indoor activities I can involve Zoe in when she has her holidays.
Here I bring to you my top picks which are a result of my online research.

Team Dischinger brings to you Bathtub Paint. They have a recipe of bathtub paint, and once the paint is ready you can leave your child with the paint in their bathtub for some messy fun.


Warning: This can be really sticky and messy. It does come off easily from the tub, but it took a couple of days to come off completely from Zoe.




Frolicking Freckles tells us how to build a Storybook cottage doll Carrier. I’m making this for Zoe, and will upload pictures soon. I just hope it turns out as cute as this one. 


Se7en gives a super idea of creating a road map on a chart paper. This will sure keep them busy for long. Give them some toy cars after this is done… and you’re ready to go zip-zap-zoom.





This one is sure my favorite, and I’m dying to try it out with Zoe. Filth Wizardry posted this super amazing idea of Aluminum Foil Dress Up. Your kids will love you for this idea. You can keep your little one busy and they won’t complain that they’re getting bored. 



Make and Takes shows you a simple way to keep your child busy by making Pasta Necklace. I have used this for my classes and kids have loved it. You need to color and dry the pasta before giving it to your kid… I’d advise don’t give it for kids below 3 years, as they tend to keep everything in their mouth.




Tea Wagon Tales’ super simple and super fun Meet the Family activity is a sure shot hit with your little one. These look so adorable, don’t they?




Hands on as we grow gives us the Sticky Spider Web activity which is quick to assemble and will keep your kid entertained for a long time.




Another activity that Hands on as we grow suggests and I just loved is the Newspaper Throwing Fun. Now tell me what can be simpler and more engaging?







I just love painting, and this activity by Mama Smiles promises no mess… isn’t this no mess color mix just amazing. Kids and parents both will be completely happy.



Don’t we all love Hopscotch? Happy Hooligans gives an idea of making an indoor cardboard hopscotch. Both the parents and kids will enjoy this game and spend some precious moments bonding together.




Pen and Paperflower Inc’s classic Red Birthday Party might have been a hit, but what caught my attention was their simple, fun and engaging Paper Plate Paddle Ball Balloon game.




Another wonderful idea using paper plates can be seen on A Little Learning For Two. Their Paper Plate Ring Toss Game is another activity which will keep both the parents and the kids engaged. 




One of my favorite blogs for kid’s activities is Toddler Approved, and their cloth’s pin idea is just amazing. It won’t only keep your toddler busy but it would also help in improving their fine motor skills.
Warning: Use cloth pins which don’t have anything poking out. 




L’ll Sugar tells you why not try shape block painting with your child. 




I have reserved the most adorable one for the end. The activity suggested by Martha Stewart is not only fun and engaging; it will also help your kids build a piggy bank of their own. I make these Bottle Piggy Banks in my story sessions and preschoolers love it. 


So what is the one activity you swear by during Summer Break? Do share your tips and tricks....

No comments:

Post a Comment